Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lego City "Family Home" no.8403

Wuddup Collectors!

Want to sway myself away from the usual things i collect.. instead of the regular Star Wars and vinyl toys, i got my hands on something new this time. And that is Lego!

Yes, Lego. i wasn't too keen on legos when i was a child, but i've lately found them to be interesting. It started when i decided to collect Lego Minifigures (i'm currently collecting Series 3 and 4), and i thought why not get a big set of something for them to be housed in?

So i did. During my weekend out with my wife to the mall, i spotted this Lego City no.8403 "Family Home" set. As it was during the Jakarta Great Sale, this was discounted at 50% off. So i took this baby home and started building it.

The money spent is justifiable :) and at 50% off, it was in my opinion the best Lego steal ever!

This is how the box looks like:
Front


Back


I didn't build this right away, matter of fact it took me a few days to build it. Why so long? Just thought that i might wanna savour every brick i assemble together, that's all :) But if i wanna do this all at once, it might've taken me one day to finish.. so yeah, i prefered to take my time. FYI i spent roughly 2 hours/day to do a floor.

DAY 1


After opening the box, i found 4 separate packages inside (presumably for easy building), a set of "boards", and a manual/instruction book..



But what's Lego without the Minifigures? Lucky me they were generous enough to include 3 minifigures and a dog in the box :)



Pretty cool..

So i'll start with Package no.1, the ground floor part of the Family home. Top left corner portion of picture below is how i started, and bottom right corner portion is the finished article.



That was fun :)

DAY 2

Day 2 was all about gardening. As in to do the garden part of the Family Home. The garden was packaged neatly in Package no.2. Top left corner portion is how i started (picking up from where i left off in Day 1) and bottom left corner portion is the finished article, including minifigures.



Very nice. I like what I have so far :) Can't wait to build the 2 remaining floors. Let's get some of my Minifigures collection and see how they fit-in in this Family Home..



Nice..



..a bit cramped, but living conditions in the Family Home will improve once the other two floors are built.

DAY 3

After a couple of dayoffs from building the Family Home, I decided to finish level 2 and the roof at the same time. Couldn't wait until the whole thing is up, so here i go.

I opened Package no.3, which is the 2nd level of the house and started building it. Top left corner image is how i started, and the two bottom images are pics of the finished 2nd level (front view and back view).



Almost there! Let's not waste another day and get to the roof part, already! What roof? The one in Package no.4, of course :) Top left corner image is how i started, as usual, and the two bottom images are pics of the finished roof and how it is "planted" on the 2nd level.



AND VOILA!! Here's a look at the completed Lego City "Family Home" no.8403



The Minifigures are excited as well =D



To be honest, I don't know if i will ever buy another Lego set again.. I mean, sure i would love to. But it's bloody expensive and appear tiny. You have to spend quite an amount to get something of this size. I was lucky to have a very understanding wife who allowed me to get this in the first place. I was a bit luckier to get this at 50% off, also.

With the considerations above, i think i'll stick with collecting Star Wars :)

Thanks for reading and keep collecting. See you on my next post.

Regards,
Donny a.k.a Master DJ Yoda

No comments:

Post a Comment