Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The LOOT is on FIRE!!

Wussup to my peeps!!

Went to Singapore over the weekend for our company trip. It's supposed to be kind of an annual thing, but it didn't happen last year and the year before.. so this year we all promised ourselves that this was gonna rock :)



..and it totally did rocked. We got to go to Universal Studios Singapore and hopped on every ride that was functioning, coz some didn't. That Battlestar Galactica ride didn't operate, so that was kind of a bummer. But everything else was shit fun, man! The other things we did were fun as well. I'm not a big fan of being stuck in a spinning glass cilinder and being put 42 levels above sea level, but the opportunity was too hard to miss and so i took the courage to hop on the Singapore flyer with my friends. I'm glad i did :)



Why was i on the floor? i was too scared to stand up, so i crawled all over the place.. my wife and my friends were laughing at me but who cares :p

Anyways, no trip to Singapore would be fun without the toys hunting.. but with so little time (we were in a tour group and had to follow the rules, blargh), the hunt was not much of a hunt.. more like a lot of luck.

I was lucky enough to come home with this, a bagful of goodies.



"So what's in the bag, homie??"

Glad you ask.

First, i show you a photo of this shop i found in Far East Plaza..



Doesn't look much, right? from a distance it looked like a normal, regular convenience store. As a matter of fact, it is classified under convenience store. So why am i showing you this humble place? Because this is where i got my loot, homie! LOOTS, actually, such as:

From the "Star Wars" category

Star Wars Power Of The Force Death Star Escape


Star Wars Power Of The Force Electronic Power F/X Luke Skywalker


Star Wars Power Of The Force Tie Fighter Gunner Station feat. Darth Vader


I got the Star Wars Power Of The Force Electronic Power F/X Luke Skywalker and Star Wars Power Of The Force Tie Fighter Gunner Station feat. Darth Vader in a bargain bin, two items for the SG$10. I asked the uncle on the counter, "Uncle, why so cheap?" and he said "Coz nobody want". I was stunned, especially after looking at the Tie Fighter/Vader combo.. it used to sell for SG$50, but now sells for 5 bucks!!

So i told him what the bank robber told the clerk behind the counter: "PUT IT IN THE BAG!" The Luke Skywalker piece was kind of unimportant though, but it was in the package so i took it home. The Death Star Escape set, i pitch in together with my friend @Tinojebod to get this, as it was another 2-for-1 deal.. i got this and he got a Final Jedi Duel set. Pretty sweet deals so far..

..and from the vinyl category *drum roll*

Check this out, i got what i have always been looking for this past year and a half: Revoltech Yamaguchi Series No.073 Gloomy Bear



I never thought i'd find this in a convenience store, really, but i did. It's not from Play Imaginative, it's not from The Other Culture, it's not from a swanky urban vinyl shop in Orchard Road. I got this from HIMAWARI MINIMART. AT A VERY GOOD PRICE. This uncle was selling at distributors/resellers price! He told me he is the cheapest Star Wars/vinyl collectibles supplier in Singapore, and that many resellers come to him and sold to suckers like us at 3x the price. Damn those profit-sucking vampires!!

Anyways, i'm much happier now that this is on my shelf :)

My wife and i also went to Play Imaginative, she got an Ugly Doll and i got this:

Play Imaginative Jim Koch X Toumart "Zugan"


This is big, about 6-7 inches tall, and costs SG$49.95. I will post it in my FB soon (http://www.facebook.com/donnynarendra#!/album.php?aid=191425&id=562981410) so y'all can see what's inside :)

Here's my wife and I in front of the Play Imaginative shop, located at Iluma, Singapore.



We'll be back, we promise. There are soo many things that we feel we have not purchased yet, especially collectables wise.

Until then, keep collecting and working hard for your next holiday. Cheers, folks :)

Regards, Donny a.k.a DeeJayRizla

No comments:

Post a Comment