Thursday, January 5, 2012

Simple Toy Photography - Using iPhone 3GS and Blackberry Pearl

Wuddup Collectors!!

Been enjoying Instagram lately, and i've gotten myself a bit of followers =) sure i dont have megazillion likes and followers (just a humble 264 loyal followers and friends, as of this article is published), but i do get my share of limelight and thumbs in there..

Btw my IG id is d_narendra, let's meet there =)

I've been posting pics for enjoyment for about a year now, and most of the things i like to post are pics of my collections and of my bikes.

I don't use DSLR cameras or other hi-end professional gears. I just use what i have, my iPhone 3GS and my Blackberry Pearl 9105 3G. The camera features on the Pearl 3G is a hell lot better than the one on the 3GS, so that's what i take my pictures with. After taking my pictures with the Blackberry with minimum lighting, i transfer them to the 3GS using one of 2 ways: by email or using data cable and transfer to the 3GS using iTunes.

Sounds like a lot of work, right? not really if you're used to doing this hahahahaha.

After transfering, now comes the fun part: editing. Of the many apps i have on my iPhone, i use Camera+, PicFrame, and Square Ready the most. So far, these are the apps that gets me creatively going when it comes to editing pics.

So what am i talking about? Here are some examples of pics i took using the Blackberry and after editing on my 3GS, for your viewing pleasure =)

Taken using Blackberry





After editing using Camera+ in iPhone 3GS





Pretty sweet right?? All nearly-automatically edited for you with a simple tap of a button hahahahahaha. Here are some more pics of the same treatment..











The key here is to add some dramatic juice to the pics, i guess.. looking at the pics, IMHO i have achieved that =)

My point to all this is to communicate that your collections, no matter how precious, are also great objects to photograph. Different people have different taste and eye when it comes to capturing their beauty, but i recommend that you snap away and let habit take over after that. It'll come through, eventually =)

That's it from me, watch out for my next post and keep snapping your collections until then. May the Force be with you and your photography equipments.

Regards,
Donny a.k.a Master DeeJay Yoda

No comments:

Post a Comment